Google Search Console: Setup method 2020
What is Google Search Console?
The GSC(Google Search Console) is a set of gear and resources to help internet site owners, webmasters, digital marketers and SEO experts monitor internet site performance inside it.
Google Search Console is a free provider that helps you to garner deeper expertise approximately your internet site and the folks who use it. It will inform you how many people visit on your web site and how they’re locating their very own consumer experience.
It can also tell you whether they are journeying from a mobile tool or a desktop computer, and pick out which pages for your web site are more famous than others.
Equally, importantly, it is able to pick out and fix website errors, submit a sitemap, and create and take a look at robots.Txt file. Google Search Console is every other useful device from Google that helps you to higher apprehend how nicely your internet site is running for you.
GSC is becoming the preferred analytic tool for SEO-minded professionals, there are plenty of good motives for this trend. This is a complete set of gear that lets in-depth monitoring of many factors of website’s appearance inside the eyes of the crawlers and to human users, summing up the important thing stats in a handy and user-pleasant format.
To make the most use out of this superb resource, you need to recognize wherein to look at, preserving your cognizance on the metrics that are applicable for the realization of your enterprise objectives.
How to Add your website in Google search console?
- Sign in to your Google account. Make definite that you’re using of your business (not personal) account if it’s a commercial enterprise website.
- Go to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Click “Add a property.”
- Choose “Website” from the drop-down menu and input the URL of your site. Make certain that you are using the exact URL that appears within the browser bar.
- Click “Continue.”
- Pick a method to verify your own website (HTML file upload, domain call provider, HTML tag, GA monitoring code, or GTM box snippet).
- If your site helps both http:// and https://, add both as separate sites. You have to also add every domain (for example, Tdigitalguru.Com and www.Tdigitalguru.Com).
After adding your site on Google Search Console, Google will start tracking your website and rank your website as per your website information on SERPs.
Google Search Console verification methods
GSC’s verification will enable a feature that you are the owner of a website and you can manage and watch real-time analytics of your website.
- HTML document upload: Upload a verification HTML document to a selected vicinity of your website.
- Domain name provider: Sign in to your domain registrar (like GoDaddy, Enom, or networksolutions.Com), and affirm your site at once from GSC or upload a DNS TXT or CNAME record.
- HTML tag: Add a tag to the segment of a specific page’s HTML code.
- Google Analytics monitoring code: Copy the GA tracking code which you use to your site. (You want “edit” permission in GA for this option.)
- Google Tag Manager container snippet code: Copy the GTM container snippet code associated with your site. (You need View, Edit, and Manage field-degree permissions in GTM for this option.)
⇒ If your website is purchased from google or hosted by google then it will verify by itself.
Now your Google Search console set up is done and you are almost ready to manage your GSC tool so here are some tips that can help you to better understand GSC.
Google Search Console update its feature as per the need and before some time its UI looks different but today it is more user-friendly and easy to manage.
- Overview:- In overview option, you will see 3 option and their short stats and those points are…
- Performance:- In this GSC section you can manage your Total clicks, Total Impressions, Average CTR, Average Position. GSC provides you in performance filter option and in the picture, it shows clearly
There are 3 search types: web, photograph, and video. I generally use “web,” considering the fact that’s where the maximum of the Tdigitalguru Blog traffic comes from, but if you get a number of visits from a picture and/or video search, ensure you adjust this clear out accordingly.
You can also compare two components’ traffic, just click to compare tab and the two categories you’re interested in.
Beside of search type you will see data type option in this tab you can customize your result from last 16 months information. This is GSC new update and it gives you a better analysis option.
In the below image you can see a plus option that is given to add more option like Query, Page, Country, Device, Search appearance.
The URL Inspection tool might be considered one of my favourites because you get to look at how Google views your website. This device allows you to check how Google renders your site.
It’s very just like the Fetch as Google tool inside the vintage GSC version.
If you click on Fetch and Render, you’ll see how your web page looks in a particular browser.
In this, you will find options Error, Valid with Error, Valid, Exclude. This is page related info.
A sitemap is an XML file that is full of your individual web page’s URLs. It’s like an archive of every web page on your website. Here you will submit your new page or blog URL’s basically you will invite Google bot for crawling your webpage.
Here you can urgently remove content from Google Search by submitting your URLs. You can also remove outdated URLs.
As a search engine optimization professional, I use the Enhancements segment in Google Search Console to do a lot. You need it to tell you the secrets to getting your structured statistics running and in case your AMP pages are active. You like it when they say you have no mistakes codes. Just tap the Enhancements tab within the left menu bar to view all the reviews and tools.
- Speed:- In this section, you will get your website speed score from Google Page speed insight. Mobile and desktop speed you can get here.
- Mobile Usability:-The Mobile Usability report gives you the opportunity to troubleshoot any design and development issues with mobile.
- AMP(Accelerated Mobile Pages):-The AMP report in Google Search Console allows you to monitor your AMP pages. You can watch for site templating and any other implementation issues that affect your AMP pages.
- Sitelinks searchbox:-This sitelinks searchbox report will show you the performance and errors associated with that markup.
Security & Manual Action:-
Safety becoming a growing issue, it comes as no wonder that Google always updates their system. Therefore, Google Search Console to have its personal security and guide actions section.
Always wish that you don’t need of this section and if it shows “No Issue detected” after tapping on the manual action then you are safe. If you violate Google’s guidelines, you will receive a notification in the Manual Actions report.
The Security Issues section in Google Search Console will tell you if your site has been hacked or if you have malware on your site.
The Links section will show the report of links that what type of link(Internal links, External links) and how many links have on your website web page.
News Search Type:-
In the search type, you will be able to see traffic result that comes from news content in GSC.
Here is all about Google search Console Setup and you know why Google Search Console is an essential tool for SEO professionals.