Rank Math vs Yoast SEO – Best SEO Plugin
Last updated on November 19th, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Are you looking for the Best SEO plugin for your WordPress site and get confused between Rank Math vs Yoast SEO?
If you are not a coder and want to change your WP site, you absolutely need a plugin. And when it comes to SEO plugins for WordPress, Yoast SEO is certainly the biggest name in town and has been since starting days of WordPress.
While Yoast SEO gets most of the press, that does not mean you have only one quality option for your WP Site. There so many other prevalent plugins like Rank Math are available in the market.
Here, we are going to compare Rank Math V/S Yoast SEO. And try to find the best SEO Plugins for WordPress sites. In this blog, we are going to highlight the features, advantages, disadvantages, and prices so you can pick the choice that best suits your requirements, knowledge level, and budget.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO Ultimate Guide for SEOs
Before starting the comparison here is a short intro about our two heroes namely Rank math and Yoast SEO.
Rank Math was developed by my themeshop team as a WordPress SEO upstart. It was launched in late 2018, though it evolved and improved over the years before it was found. Now it is another popular SEO plugin for WordPress.
Joost de Valk was an SEO consultant after their huge knowledge and experience they launched Yoast SEO in 2010, it is by far the most popular WordPress SEO plugin. It improves your website’s rankings on search engines, by helping you in optimize your content and keywords of the site.
Part 1 Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Features
Rank Math – Free Features
- Set SEO titles/meta descriptions – it creates templates that automatically apply to the content and manually adjusts SEO titles/descriptions for separate pieces of content.
- Set social media descriptions – this controls images and descriptions for Facebook and Twitter.
- Focus keyword analysis (supports multiple keywords) – if you want to set more than one keyword for your blog then it best fits you. you can enter more than one focus keyword and check the optimization level of the content.
- XML Sitemap – Customizable XML sitemap creation helps you in generating separate sites for your service and blogs.
- Structured data/schema – setting up sitewide schema markup data and also controlling the schema markup for single pieces of the blog page.
- Search Console – Automatically submit sitemaps option helps you in viewing your Search Console analytics inside your WP dashboard.
- Local SEO and Knowledge Graph – you can optimize your site for local SEO. Rank math gives you only one location in their free version.
- Image SEO – improving image SEO and automatically setting alt and title tags.
- Internal Link suggestions – It’ll suggest other blog content to link to while you’re working in the editor.
- Breadcrumbs – Helps in adding breadcrumbs to your site.
- Link Counter – Get details about the internal and external links of the site.
- Redirections – Complete redirection control on creating and managing 301 and 302 redirects.
- 404 Monitor – observe your site for 404 errors. You could then divert common 404 errors to other pages on your site. to save the user experience.
- Google Analytics – easy to set up tracking code and view information from google analytics.
- Basic WooCommerce SEO – In the free version, you get all the basic WooCommerce SEO details setting options to make your eCommerce store live.
- Keyword rank tracking
- Google Trends integration
- Video SEO sitemap
- Google News SEO sitemap
- Multiple locations for local SEO
- More pre-defined schema types (20+)
- Google AdSense earning history
- Automatically watermark social media images
All of the following features are modular – so you can easily disable any features that you aren’t going to use and this is one of the best things about Rank Math.
Yoast SEO – Free Features
Yoast SEO has a very limited feature list in its free version, but the Yoast SEO team offers many professional add-ons that you can use to expand key features.
- Set up SEO meta Details – create automated content templates for content and customize SEO titles and descriptions for individual content pieces.
- XML Site Map – A customized XML Sitemap with a detailed WordPress feature that allows.
- Focus on keyword analysis (only one keyword) – enter one focus keyword and see if your content is optimized for that keyword.
- Universal schema – add a universal schema mark.
- Content schema type- the custom schema type Setup option for individual content pieces (you can also set the universal default).
- Search Console – Verify your site with the Search Console.
- Set social media descriptions – manage text and photos on Facebook and Twitter.
- Basic SEO for WooCommerce – e.g. set product titles/descriptions and store pages.
- Cornerstone Content – mark important pages like “Cornerstone” to help improve them and find additional internal links to them.
- Breadcrumbs – add bread crumbs to your site.
- Link Counter – calculate the number of internal links in your content.
Key Premium Features:
- Redirect Manager
- Internal Link Suggestions
- Internal link blocks
- More focus keywords
- Related keywords
Yoast SEO also offers some paid extensions for specific types of SEO. This gives you features that are only available in the premium version of Rank Math, or Rank Math incorporates other local SEO features in its free version:
- Local SEO – adds organized local business data/information graph, enhances your contact page, and supports multiple visual areas.
- Video SEO – get your videos listed in Google Videos and add some SEO video enhancements.
- News SEO – customize your site to get Google News, ping Google when publishing posts, create an XML News site map, and more.
- WooCommerce SEO (Advanced) – access additional WooCommerce SEO features such as social media graph information, clean XML site map, and more.
Part 2 Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Setup Process
Both Rank Math and Yoast SEO do a great job of riding you through the important settings. Both are usually easy to use, too.
All in all, this category is a throwaway and it goes down to your personal preferences depending on which one you like.
When the Rank Math was installed for the very first time, the whole setup process is initiated automatically because at the essential level we want settings to be set up as-soon-as-possible. But, we do have the choice of canceling the setup process and configuring the settings manually or starting it later.
If you didn’t use the setup-wizard when first installed Rank Math, you could run it again.
you can go to WordPress Dashboard then click on Rank Math from the side menu after that go to the Rank Math Dashboard and tap on the Setup Wizard tab. when you open the tab, the setup process will be started.
For more detailed information you can click here and learn the full Setup and configuration process Of the Rank Math SEO Plugin.
Yoast SEO setup process includes a wizard configuration to help you fast set up and run, though you’ll need to establish it from the WordPress toolbar.
This wizard also helps the user with all the important settings such as:
- Basic sitewide schema data
- Whether or not to index your site
- SEO title templates
Dashboard of Yoast SEO also includes some tips/suggestions and will flag any conceivable issues with the site.
Like Rank Math SEO Plugin, Yoast SEO also uses an advanced approach that you can disable any features you don’t want to use. You can see the segments in the Features tab and use a toggle to turn off specific features.
Part 3 Rank Math vs Yoast SEO : User Interface
When comparing the setup process above, you already got a look at some of the user interfaces. Next, we will look at how users interact with everyday actions, e.g. setting the optimization for each post or page.
Apart from this, we will also showcase a few of the most unique interfaces.
If you’re using the Gutenberg editor for your website, then Rank Math supports you by fully integrating into the block editor. You won’t use the “meta box” approach which you get in the Classic editor.
Open the Rank Math settings from the side toolbar by clicking on its icon. The settings of this plugin are divided into four tabs:
- General – To edit the snippet information, set up a focus keyword, and view analysis.
- Advanced – Here you can configure robots’ meta elements, such as adding a no-index tag.
- Schema – In this tap, you can set up schema markup/structured data.
- Social – In this section, you can set up social graph information for Facebook and Twitter.
Another amazing feature of this interface is an Analytics interface. You’ll be able to track the following data, Some of them are free on the other hand some features you get only in the paid version.
- Search Console reports ( Free)
- Keyword rankings/performance. ( Paid )
- Traffic statistics from Google Analytics. ( Paid)
Yoast SEO provides you with two ways to set up your SEO data while operating in the editor for an individual piece of article or content:
- You get a meta box under the editor, that appears in both the block editor as well as the classic editor.
- If you are using the block editor, you will be able to use the new Yoast SEO option.
You can select the between both methods namely WordPress block editor or old classic editor, which best works for you.
If you want to use the sidebar in the block editor, you will get access to all options in one column:
- The Yoast SEO sidebar interface
- You can extend each section to see more data.
- The Yoast SEO snippet editor
The other option is to use the meta details box, which seems below the editor and splits its settings into four parts:
- SEO for all the meta information and put the canonical data
- Readability to check the readability of content.
- Schema for set schema data in one click
- Social to set the open graph details for Facebook and Twitter.
Part 4 Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: FAQ
To complete things out, let’s have a look at some frequently asked questions.
Which WordPress Plugin Delivers More Features in the free version?
when comparing the free versions then Rank Math has more features than Yoast SEO.
Which one of the More Popular SEO plugins?
No doubt, Yoast SEO is more popular as compared to Rank Math. And the reason is Yoast SEO is old than Rank Math. but with their amazing free feature Rank Math also growing continuously.
In the WordPress Plugin shop, we can see Yoast SEO has more than 5 Million Active Installations while Rank Math is active on 1+ Million Active Installations.
Reviews of plugins on WordPress?
Both Yoast SEO and Rank Math have fantastic reviews on the WordPress site. They’re both ranked 4.9 out of 5, Both Yoast SEO and Rank Math have fantastic reviews on the WordPress site. Yoast SEO has a 27,473 reviews base and Rank Math has a 4,588 reviews base.
In our Rank Math vs Yoast SEO investigation, it’s pretty clear that both are quality SEO plugins. The numbers and reviews don’t lie.
You’re not going to make any “mistake” choosing either plugin. It’s more about selecting the plugin that best helps you reach your SEO goals.
Across the board, Rank Math certainly gives you more features in the free version. e.g. you’ll get analysis for more than one keyword, 404 monitor, ACF Support, local SEO features, internal link recommendations, and more.
These are some of the features that Yoast SEO either charges for or doesn’t offer.
So, if you are looking for free SEO plugin and if your required Premium free features that are available on Rank Math then you have to go with Rank Math SEO Plugin.
Let me know your thought.